Medicalodges was launched in 1961 when its first nursing home, Golden Age Lodge, was opened in Coffeyville, Kansas by founding owners Mr. and Mrs. S.A. Hann. The company grew through the 1960’s with the addition of eight nursing facilities. In 1969, Golden Age Lodges was renamed Medicalodges, Inc. As new care centers were built or purchased, the company expanded its products and services to include a continuum of health care. In February, 1998 the employees of Medicalodges acquired the company from its previous owners in a 100% Employee Stock Ownership Trust transaction. Today, the company owns and operates over 30 facilities and operations in Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma and employs over 2000 people in the communities it serves.
“We serve and enhance the lives of others with caring hands.”
By serve we mean,
Helping, meeting needs, doing for others what they can no longer do for themselves, promoting, advocating, facilitating, encouraging, and accommodating.
By enhance we mean,
Providing choice of lifestyle, enabling personal control, reducing barriers, providing protection and safety, promoting wellness, improving lives, preserving rights and dignity.
By caring we mean,
Respect, giving, dignity, kindness, supportive, understanding, attentive, courteous, polite, considerate, mindful, protective.
By others we mean,
Residents, customers, co-workers, families, vendors, community.
- Providing quality healthcare and community-based services
- Enhancing the lives of the individuals we serve with commitment, compassion, and caring
- Providing our employees a work environment that recognizes each person for their uniqueness, skills and contributions
- Providing fair return to our employee-owners
- Being leaders in the communities we serve